SAMIP held its first Perfect Pitch competition in conjunction with the Duke Menell Media Exchange. News and media start-ups got the chance to pitch their businesses and ideas to a panel of judges that include MDIF deputy CEO Mohamed Nanabhay, the late Matthew Buckland and SAMIP advisory committee member Dinesh Balliah.
- Update | gsport #GAL2021 Newsmakers, Volume at the Africa Podfest, Citizen Bulletin & Namibia Media Trust host events, M&G & gsport elevate women in sport and more.
- SAMIP expands media innovation support to three more Southern African countries
- Update | Food for Mzansi celebrates 3rd birthday, Viewfinder launches accountability tracker, SAMIP participants are hiring, and more
- Update | SAMIP Participants bring coverage of the local government elections
- Update | QTW+ hosts media events, participants at the Africa Investigative Journalism Conference, Mental Health Awareness, and more