The South Africa Media Innovation Program (SAMIP) is a multi-year initiative to accelerate digital innovation among independent media outlets in South Africa, through technical support, capacity building and grant funding. The organisation has recently announced a call for independent media organizations from Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe to apply to join the cohort.
SAMIP is looking to hire an experienced Program Officer to join the team to assist with the expansion process and manage day-to-day administration of the program. This role is fully remote with occasional travel when it is safe to do so. The successful candidate will report to the Program Manager.
- Assisting the program team with the regional expansion of the program
- Reviewing applications and proposals submitted through the online application form
- Conducting interviews
- Conducting due diligence
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the Program: planning, budgeting, action planning and monitoring processes, including logistical preparations for all program related activities;
- Developing a database for the Program and assisting with implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation process;
- Recording and reporting on program activities and expenditures, and compiling relevant data, as requested by the Program Manager;
- Establishing professional relationships and liaising regularly with media partners, including through site visits, as well as with consultants and others, as required;
- Visiting and communicating with media partners on a regular basis and reporting on these visits and the findings;
- Media monitoring, including writing regular reports for use by Program team members and consultants;
- Undertaking other program administration tasks as requested by Program Manager.
Experience and qualifications:
- Suitable journalism/media qualifications (University degree or relevant experience)
- Experience working in a journalism, media or publishing environment
- Minimum of 2 years in a program and project management role
- Understanding of media landscape in South Africa, as well as one or more of the following countries: Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and/or Zambia
Closing date: 23 July 2021
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org